Most Popular Questions
- How much weight can I lose?Results do vary, but in a 68-week medical study of 1,961 adults living with obesity or excess weight with a related medical problem, adults lost ~35 lbs (or ~15% body weight). People taking placebo lost an average of 6 lbs (or ~2.5% body weight). The average starting weight for both groups was ~232 lbs.
Results are from a 68-week medical study of adults with obesity (BMI ≥30) and adults with excess weight (BMI ≥27) who also had weight-related medical problems including high blood pressure or high cholesterol. People with type 2 diabetes were excluded. Both groups were instructed to take the medicine along with a reduced-calorie meal plan and increased physical activity. 7% of people taking Wegovy™ (92 people) left the medical study due to side effects, compared to 3.1% of people taking placebo (20 people).
- How quickly can I expect to lose the weight?There is no set time for you to begin seeing results because people respond differently to medicine.
- Are there any side effects?The side effects that you may experience may include: nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, stomach (abdomen) pain, headache, tiredness (fatigue), upset stomach, dizziness, feeling bloated, belching, gas, stomach flu, and heartburn.
If you are having any side effects that are bothersome, tell your health care provider.
- Am I able to travel with my medicine?For sure! When traveling by air it's recommended to carry your pen in your carry-on as it may freeze in the baggage compartment below the plane. Check with your airline to see if they have specific baggage rules.
- Can I take it at any time of the day?Yes, it's recommended that you take it on the same day every week at the most convenient time for you.
- Can I change the day I take it?You can change the day of the week you take it as long as your last dose was given 2 or more days before.
- Does my insurance cover the weight loss program?Check out our Financing page to see which types of insurance may or may not cover it, or contact your insurance provider for more info.
- What if I know my insurance won't cover the medicine?No Worries! We offer a 1 year same-as-cash financing program, contact us to find out more.
- How do I dispose of the pen?Do not throw the pen away in your household trash. Instead, use an FDA-cleared sharps disposal container or a sturdy household container with a tight-fitting lid, like a heavy-duty plastic container.
- What do I do if I miss a dose?Don't worry if you miss a dose and the next scheduled dose is more than 2 days away (48 hours), take the missed dose as soon as possible.
If you miss a dose and the next scheduled dose is less than 2 days away, don't administer the dose. Wait until your next scheduled dose.
If you miss doses for more than 2 weeks, call your health care provider to talk about how to restart your treatment. You can take your next dose on the regularly scheduled day.
- What do I do if the liquid in my pen isn't clear?Your medicine should always be clear and colorless, if it is not, PLEASE DO NOT USE! Contact us immediately for a replacement.
- Do I need to eat before or after taking my medicine?That is up to you! You can take your medicine with or without food.